Hoverboards have become a hit over the holiday and the craze of getting them is as high as the new designs and models that are being released every single day.
However, your love for the ‘new way’ to get around should not be the reason to expose yourself to danger. Needless to mention, that is why you need nothing short of the best hoverboards in the market this year.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 10 Best Hoverboards Comparison Table
- 2 What is a Hoverboard
- 3 How does a Hoverboard Work
- 4 The Benefits of Riding Hoverboards
- 5 Things to Consider When Choosing a Hoverboard
- 6 Best Hoverboard Reviews 2017
- 6.1 SWAGTRON T1 – UL2271 Certified Hoverboard
- 6.2 Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard Self-balancing Smart Scooter
- 6.3 Halo Rover Hoverboard
- 6.4 EPIKGO UL2272 Self Balancing Scooter
- 6.5 Skque X1/I Series Self Balancing Scooter
- 6.6 XtremepowerUS Self Balancing Scooter Hoverboard
- 6.7 SagaPlay F1 Self Balancing Scooter
- 6.8 UL 2272 Certified – HOVERZON S Electric Self-Balancing Hoverboard
- 6.9 Self-Balancing Scooter 2 Wheels Electric Hoverboard
- 6.10 SWAGTRON T6 Off-Road Hoverboard
Top 10 Best Hoverboards Comparison Table
|Brand and Model||Wheel Size||Max Speed||Max Load||Battery Life||Price|
|6.5 inch||8 mph||220 lbs||3 hours|
|6.5 inch||8 mph||220 lbs||2 hours|
|8.5 inch||10 mph||220 lbs||2.5 hours|
|8.5 inch||10 mph||265 lbs||1.5 hours|
|6.5 inch||8 mph||265 lbs||3 hours|
|6.5 inch||8 mph||220 lbs||2 hours|
|6.5 inch||10 mph||220 lbs||2.5 hours|
|6.5 inch||8 mph||220 lbs||1.5 hours|
|10 inch||12 mph||420 lbs||3 hours|
What is a Hoverboard
A Hoverboard is a stylized means of transportation that very closely resembles a skateboard with two parallel wheels, allowing the rider to stand facing forward, head and shoulders square, and feet shoulder length apart. There is no need for the “kick-push” of a skateboard since the Hoverboard runs on an electric motor.
Hoverboards — don’t actually “hover” above the ground — are a technically innovative, and unique mode of transportation right out of the “Back-to-the-future II” movie where the boards actual did levitate. These boards, also referred to as hoverboard “segway’s” are all the rage and tons of fun; a fantastic alternative means of transportation.
How does a Hoverboard Work
Hoverboards work on a simple principal, linking a few basic components, namely a gyroscope to determine the pitch and balance of the board continually monitoring the orientation of the user on the board and making fine adjustments to keep the board stable while providing as smooth and comfortable a ride as possible.
Motors on hoverboards are also utilized to stabilize the board and enhance the support platform, supporting the riders’ weight while moving the board forward and backward. The 2 smooth steel wheels are much larger then any skateboard wheels out there. The gyroscope, also connected to the microprocessors, helps gather rider and surface information, gauging the tilt of the board. Motors inside the hoverboard assistance in changing power output to keep the rider balanced.
Once the battery pack is powered to capacity getting onto the board is a simple process of placing one foot onto the board and shifting your weight accordingly to allow you to bring the other foot forward and then leaning forward, slightly, to accelerate – by leaning backwards the rider is able to decelerate as needed to maintain safety. The hoverboards sensors automatically track motion, trigger the motors for propulsion, as well as activate the boards’ microprocessors to monitor and control power output.
These features prevent the rider from racing off out of control; they also stop the board from speeding away without the rider. There is no doubt that hoverboards are cool and a lot of fun to ride but remember that all models do not ride the same; different models travel at different speeds, some models have different inclines while other models possess varying battery capacities, and come in an overabundance of styles and designs.
The Benefits of Riding Hoverboards
In our technically advanced modern world where the daily cost of living seems to be constantly rising, some of the latest technology innovative devices can help us to reduce our over all expense load freeing up funds.
Hoverboards are a great testament of such savvy innovation.
Self balancing two-wheel hoverboards run off of a rechargeable electric battery and can be used to travel wherever and whenever you want, as long as you have a relatively flat and hazard free surface; going to and from work, shopping, riding back from the gym after a long legs routine, or going on a date.
There are numerous benefits of using self-balancing hoverboards for instance:
Not relying on petroleum to power their motors and depleting a major non-renewable energy source is a bit plus. Using a smart device that doesn’t consume these precious resources is beneficial for both the environment and humanity. Don’t drive glide that’s what I say!
Hoverboards run with very few moving parts, apart from the wheels. The solid construction and advanced engineered design make them very sturdy with long lasting durability. And when it comes to storage these small boards are easily stored away or parked anywhere even inside since you can strand them up. Low maintenance and durability make owning a hoverboard a lot more attractive to the alternatives that can be more expensive and much more cumbersome when it comes to storage and finding an upkeep.
You won’t need any special training or hours of practice to get the hang of it. The best way to master riding a hoverboard is to relax and enjoy the exhilaration. Hoverboards are designed with self-balancing features and easy handling operation sensors so by following the simple instructions included with the purchase of the board or online at anyone of numerous websites or alternatively by viewing an informational video found on YouTube, you can start riding almost immediately after receiving your board.
Just in case you needed some idea of where to use your Segway here are a few suggestions: commuting to and from work, around your college or university campus, visiting friends and family, trips to the market, at a party or really at any event you can imagine. Convince and cost savings! However, curbs will be challenging as well as making quick turns and maneuvering through crowds at any type of pace. Give yourself a direct route to your destination and you’ll be just fine. One importance consideration to keep in mind is whether or not the hoverboard is legal where you want to ride it.
Factor this in when you are choosing your next model or when buying a hoverboard for a friend or colleague. Pay attention to the size of board you’re getting. Large hoverboards are stable, well balanced. Compact ones on the other hand are portable and benefit individuals that travel a lot or are limited on storage space.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Hoverboard
Here are some things that should be considered when choosing a hoverboard. There are 2 types of hoverbroads currently available on the market today. Although both models enjoy similar hands-free riding utility, they vary in terms of their features and overall functionality.
- A sturdy polymer plastic shell that supports the weight of the riders
- Dual wheels connected by a smooth-rolling hinged system. Each wheel has an independent motor that allows it to rotate independently and rubberized tires that grip on all terrain environments.
- Board-mounted, pressure-sensitive pads, that respond to the rider’s motions in all directions — most importantly when stopping.
One of the best ways to sort through all of the confusion is to talk with friends and people you trust to get their advice on where to start looking and what to start looking for. Another excellent place to look is online; the comments section of blogs and the remarks left can be a source of invaluable information. Take the time to find a credible hoverboard brand and design. Take those online reviews and comment on the internet seriously and single out high-quality brands that offer value to users; then compare pros and cons and choose one that satisfies your needs.
When looking for the perfect hoverboard for commuting and or personal recreational use, never sacrifice quality for cost. There are far too many reports of cheaply designed and poorly made hoverboards exploding and or causing bodily harm to riders. The product you choose should come from a reputable brand and have high-grade and highly functional parts. Make sure the board is also durable, forged from top notch craftsmanship. Make sure when purchasing a board there is a return policy, a money back guarantee, and/or a replacement manufacturer’s warranty.
Hoverboards are unique personal transporters that draw power from built in rechargeable battery packs. Battery capacity and charging time thus, are vital attributes to keep in mind, to find the best in this niche. Generally, the higher its battery capacity and range the better. You should also opt for hoverboards with fast charging systems. You want to make sure to get a hoverboard that has decent battery protection. Protecting the battery is crucial to keep your hoverboard running smoothly for years to come.
The other thing you want to consider is the waterproof warning. Not waterproof means stay away from water! If these things enter the battery case and cause electronic issues watch out. The size, wattage, and use of additional features can all affect the battery life. Search for a hoverboard that has a balance of decent wattage, average charge time, and a satisfactory battery life. Nothing is more of a drag than being halfway to your destination and having your hoverboard lose power.
All depends on the motor and battery pack on the hoverboard. Speeds and ranges vary; with most high-end models cruising at 20km/h can be achieved quite easily.
As tempting as it may be to go out and purchase the cheapest hoverboard on the market just to save a few dollars, never sacrifice functionality and safety for price. Instead of purchasing a cheap hoverboard that will most likely malfunction or worse soon after purchasing, spend a little more money on a decent brand/make that will last and perform. To get good quality and safety, you will have to pay above and beyond $300 for a quality hoverboard.
The Bluetooth capabilities vary by the board. Most common features include playing music, connecting to an app, and using GPS to track your distance. Be sure to check the specs, as some boards don’t come with Bluetooth. And the ones that do may only have one of the features listed. Some hoverboards come with fancy technology, like sensors that slow the hoverboard down instead of just abruptly stopping when the battery runs dry. Another technological feature is “no fall technology.” This means that the hoverboard will stay upright and balanced at all times.
UL- Certification is a must, must, must! I cannot stress this enough. The reason the old self-balancing scooters kept blowing up was because of their batteries. They were not tested and approved by UL. The models with UL-certified batteries will proudly display this sticker on the bottom of the product. Make sure to look for this sticker or you could end up with a faulty board.
The question of where to ride your hoverboard, shouldn’t be taken lightly. The difference in how your board handles one environment from the next can be drastic. You would think they could go just about anywhere, right? However, not all boards are created equal. Depending on wheel size, the width of the board, and torque of the motor(s) will determine whether or not you are about to conquer some groundwork. Also, consider the incline of where you’re going.
Self-balancing scooters usually come with head and rear LED lights so you can ride around at night. The distance that light is thrown, however, is different between models and brands.
In terms of weight restrictions, many hoverboards can hold up to 250 pounds (113 kilograms). A couple of brands out there can even go up to 264 pounds (119 kilograms). Do keep in mind that the more weight a hoverboard has to bear, the slower it will be, and the more taxing it is for the battery.
Make sure the hoverboard comes backed by a warranty. Look for a reliable company with good customer service? This is where a lot of research comes in handy, as well as reading reviews online. But don’t just rely on Amazon or other retailers for testimonials. Go to the exact company website to learn more.
Hoverboards come in a variety colors and patterns.
There are two kinds of hoverboards currently available for resale:
Street models: Hoverboard’s 6.5-inch wheels and a lack of handlebars mean that going off flat surfaces or carpeting could be problematic
Off-road models: riding over rough terrains, like gravel, will unbalance the board. Off-road hoverboards usually have 8.5 inches tires or larger.
Best Hoverboard Reviews 2017
When buying the best hoverboard, there are a number of integral factors that the user has to consider before they can settle on their related pick. In the following reviews, each of these factors will be carefully considered and the decision left to the buyer to choose what works best for them.
SWAGTRON T1 – UL2271 Certified Hoverboard
The Swagtron T1 is an innovative and very catchy hoverboard that is built for the flamboyant user and one that would like to get around fairly quickly. The state of the art piece of equipment is quite handy and quite a number of people have been able to share their enthusiasm and confidence on the hoverboard.
- Build quality and durability – Being one of the most reviewed hoverboards by users, there is no question that you get the best quality and durability with the Swagtron T1. It comes in an incombustible frame that gives the user one less thing to worry about not to mention that it is one of the first UL certified hoverboard on the market.
- Portability and size – the hoverboard weighs about 25.3 pounds and measures about 7 by 3.8 by 23 inches. Even though it does not come with a backpack which makes portability a headache, you can easily tuck it under your arm and be on your way.
- Pricing – given the quality, the features and capacity of the hoverboard, you’re definitely going to get the best value out of your money on this hoverboard. The price point might be slightly higher than some of the other options reviewed but it is definitely worth the extra penny.
- Speed and range – the hoverboard is powered by a 300-watt motor that is able to thrust the board up to 8 mph and keep it running for up to 12 miles on a single charge.
- Weight loading capability – the hoverboard is able to carry up to 220 pounds which is pretty impressive especially considering the speed and distance that it is able to cover on a single charge.
- Terrain handling – While the Swagtron T1 is very fairly rated, it is not the best when it comes to handling different terrains. The hoverboard is built for urban and well-tarmacked roads and has the capacity to go up slight inclines (even though that means more power is used up). It features a gear stabilization system that allows for better and tighter control for better downhill traction which is a great plus.
- Battery capacity – with a coverage of up to 12 miles on one charge, it is only fair to say that the battery is above average.
- Safety and certification – One of the areas that the Swagtron T1 performs with excellence is in safety. The hoverboard was among the first to be UL 2272 certified and comes with a hoard of other safety features that include an incombustible frame, Swagtron SentrySghield Smart Battery management system for a multi-layered hover skate-board protection and even comes with a safe stop feature.
- Legality – considering the product is passed for safety, it is possible to use it. However, its legality in some states like California is questionable.
- Reliability – with a sturdy frame, reliable battery time and speeds and ample safety features, the board is quite reliable and is backed by a 1-year guarantee to ensure this.
- Fancy features – you will not be short of fancy features which range from LED highlights, battery indicators and there is also a built in carry-strap.
Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard Self-balancing Smart Scooter
Easy on the eye and with a very basic design, it is quite easy to overlook this hoverboard but its secrets lie with the features.
- Build quality & durability – the Razor Hovertrax is made from a shatter-resistant polymer frame and also features a fender to protect the bumper which makes it very durable and with good build quality.
- Portability and size – the hoverboard measures 23.5 by 6.9 by 7.5 inches and weighs about 19.2 pounds. Even though it is one of the smallest hoverboards there is, it is not as portable since there is no backpack or carry strap that is included with the purchase.
- Pricing – the price point of the hoverboard might be a little stretched for the average user but this is because of the numerous smart technology features on the board. If you’re looking for a great hoverboard that offers value for money, this would be a good choice.
- Speed and range –you’re able to enjoy speeds of up to 8mph and up to 60 minutes of continuous rides for the user. The time is dependent on the terrain and the weight of the user.
- Weight loading capability – the hoverboard has a maximum weight load of 220 pounds and is recommended for users that are as young as 96 months.
- Terrain handling – With the smaller wheels and stature, there is no question that this is a hoverboard that is best used in urban well tarmacked areas. New users might also want to refer to their local laws to identify how best they can use the Razor Hovertrax.
- Battery capacity – the Hovertrax is powered by a 36V battery which can be interchanged with the LG branded cells for longer rides. There is no rating on how much time it takes to fully charge the battery.
- Safety and certification – Razor was the first U.S. Brand to receive the UL 2272 listing for safety and the Hovertrax is on that same list. The board also features high fire and electrical standards and two different riding modes for riders and learners. It also features self-balancing technology that is aimed at benefiting first-time users.
- Legality – users are advised to check with their local laws and regulation before using the board to know how best they can enjoy their ride.
- Reliability – the Razor customer care is excellent. However, there is no warranty rating with the product listed.
- Fancy features – cool blue LED light bar display, fender bumpers and LED battery power indicators are some of the cool and fancy features that you should expect to enjoy with the purchase of the Razor Hovertrax 2.0
Halo Rover Hoverboard
The Halo Hoverboard is a fortress of features and functionality and one of the few hoverboards that adopts a more aggressive design to tackle harsher terrains.
- Build quality & durability – With a high great aluminum guard and frame and 8.5” rover tires, build quality and durability does not get any better. It is exactly what you would expect from a board that is meant to tackle any type of terrain.
- Portability and size – Weighing 32 pounds, it is not the lightest hoverboard on the market. However, it does help to know that it comes with a carry case which makes it more portable despite its 27.5 by 8.7 by 9.1 inches size.
- Pricing – with the added features and superior quality, you should expect to dish out a pretty buck to hand the Halo Hoverboard. With all terrain coverage, your money will be well spent.
- Speed and range – The rover is able to reach speeds of up to 10 mph with a range of up to 10 miles on a single charge.
- Weight loading capability – Unlike most hoverboards, the Halo Rover is able to carry up to 265 pounds of weight compared to the usual 220 pounds.
- Terrain handling – with regards to terrain, you will have plenty of diversity. The hoverboard is built to take on off-road terrains with hill gradients of up to 20 degrees. It can also tackle muddy and sandy terrains.
- Battery capacity – The Halo Rover uses high quality LG batteries that offer better performance and longer rides to the users. It takes approximately 2hours 30 minutes to completely charge the battery.
- Safety and certification – The off-road rover is UL2272 certified and features a mobile tracking app that you can use to track and control the speed of the hoverboard. The board also features sensors that offer a smooth ride and three different riding modes (learning, normal and advanced mode) to suit different kinds of riders.
- Legality – like most hoverboards, you will need to refer to local legislation before you can be able to use the hoverboard so you know how and when best to use it.
- Reliability – You get a 12-month worry-free guarantee and with the high quality build, you can rest assured that this is a hoverboard that you will be able to use for quite some time even on the unforgiving terrains.
- Fancy features – there’s no shortage of fancy features with the Halo Rover. From LED lighting, mobile app tracking, on-board speaker system and a waterproof body and sensors, you have everything you need for a fun and safe ride.
EPIKGO UL2272 Self Balancing Scooter
If you love the Halo Rover, then there is no doubt that you’re going to like the EPIKGO Self Balancing Scooter. It works and looks like the Halo Rover save for some features and functionalities which might end up being the deal breaker.
- Build quality & durability – the EPIKGO features an aluminum alloy body frame for sturdiness, 8.5” rubber tires and a semi-submersible IPP56 Waterproof certified body to instill trust in every user that it is up to the task and highly durable.
- Portability and size – with regards to size the EPIKGO is 30% larger than the Halo Rover. Even though this means more foot space and clearance, it also means that it is less portable and heavier.
- Pricing – Bigger, better and more features mean a steeper price tag. If you’re looking for a great hoverboard that you can take just about anywhere, the price should not really be a concern. You will get value for your money.
- Speed and range – Powered by two 400 watts motors, the hoverboard is able to do up to 12.1mph and run up to 10 miles on a single charge which is very impressive.
- Weight loading capability – the weight loading capacity on the EPIKGO is a maximum of about 265 pounds.
- Terrain handling – when it comes to terrain handling, the EPIKGO is a beast. It is large with all rubber tires that allow it to get over most hurdles with ease. It can go up hills with an 18-degree radius and the best part is it can also tackle mud and puddles of water thanks to the semi-submersible body.
- Battery capacity – such a strong and aggressive body requires an equally impressive battery to match it. With a range of 10 miles and a fast charging battery with a 2-hour limit, you‘re able to get back to having fun in a shorter span of time.
- Safety and certification – for a safer ride, the hoverboard adheres to the UL 2272 certification and ensures there is no risk of short-circuiting or overheating.
- Legality – before taking your new purchase out for a test ride, it is essential that you acquaint yourself with the local legislation.
- Reliability – with a tough build, better clearance, and a waterproof shell backed with a one-year warranty there is no better reliability that any rider would want that is better than that.
- Fancy features – Here is where the EPIKGO falls short. Unlike the HALO Rover, it does not feature plenty of fancy features other than the better foot space and LED lights.
Skque X1/I Series Self Balancing Scooter
The Skque X1 is a blend of engineering excellence with a blend of functionality and plenty of fancy features for on-board entertainment. It is a fashionable way of getting around in a convenient way.
- Build quality & durability – fitted with an improved motherboard, gyro sensors that are professionally tuned and stronger shell, you get better quality and unmatched product durability with this hoverboard.
- Portability and size – the product weighs about 20 pounds which is more on the lighter side, making it easier to carry and is also smaller in stature which is a great plus. Unfortunately, there are no straps or carrying case that comes with the purchase so portability might be a little tricky.
- Pricing – the Skque X1 is very affordable. It has a great range of features and a great price point to match. For riders that are looking for a great entry hoverboard that does not cost much this is a great consideration.
- Speed and range – The X1 is capable of speeds of up to 7.4mph and can go for up to 20KM on a flat surface which is quite a commendable distance for a hoverboard.
- Weight loading capability – the maximum weight limit here is 264 pounds. Most entry level hoverboards are only able to do about 220 pounds so this is a great plus.
- Terrain handling –unfortunately, the Skque X1 is not very diverse when it comes to terrain. In fact, it is somewhat limited to tarmac and fairly flat surfaces but you can improve the experience by opting for a larger set of wheels.
- Battery capacity – the hoverboard is powered by a 42000mAh battery that takes about 2 hours to charge and can cover up to 20Km on a flat surface once it is fully charged.
- Safety and certification – the X1 is UL 2272 certified and has gyro sensors and a smart balancing wheel feature with smoother braking that makes it a safer ride even for learners.
- Reliability – the product is backed by a one-year warranty, a quality build and very reliable battery making it quite reliable for average distances.
- Fancy features – there are not many fancy features here just enough to get you interested apart from the built-in LED lights and built-in wireless Bluetooth speakers for some models.
XtremepowerUS Self Balancing Scooter Hoverboard
This standout hoverboard carries the day with unique lighting that goes beyond the normal LED headlights and is the average Joe in almost all aspects but is still a worthy purchase.
- Build quality & durability – For an average piece, the hoverboard holds up well to abuse. However, it does scratch quite easily so you might need to buy the cover to protect the paint.
- Portability and size – coming in at a meagre 22 pounds, the hoverboard falls into the lightweight category. It also helps to know that it comes with a nylon (not the best quality but it gets the job done). Its size is also quite manageable coming in a 9.29 by 10.12 by 25.72 inches.
- Pricing – The price is also average and is a great price point for any one that is looking for a balance between performance and on-board comfort with all the fancy features.
- Speed and range – maximum speed is set at 8mph and the device can do up to 12 miles on a single charge depending on the weight of the ride and the road conditions.
- Weight loading capability – the maximum weight capacity is 200 pounds and the minimum recommended age is about 12 years.
- Terrain handling – it does not fare too well in rough terrain and is built for flat, smooth surfaces.
- Battery capacity – the hoverboard is powered by a 36V 4.4Ah lithium ion battery. It takes about 3 hours or less to charge fully after which it can go up to 12 miles depending on the weight of the rider.
- Safety and certification – the battery and the charger are all UL certified to ensure safety of the rider.
- Reliability – unfortunately, there is no mention of a warranty. However, the customer care service is quite impressive and very handy.
- Fancy features – what it lacks in performance, this self-balancing scooter makes up for it in fancy features with multiple LED lights that change color depending on the direction it is moving and also has a Bluetooth speaker for on-board enjoyment.
SagaPlay F1 Self Balancing Scooter
A blend of safety, performance, and comfort, the SagaPlay F1 gives common ground to the rider who is not sure which features matter to them most. You get a bit of everything!
- Build quality & durability – fitted with sleek tires, an aerodynamic design and custom rubber guards to protect against spills. It is safe to say the device is of good quality and very durable.
- Portability and size – it is one of the lightest boards on the market weighing 22 pounds. It measures 10 by 10 by 25.5 inches. It is somewhat portable given its weight and size but could use the addition of a carrying case.
- Pricing – with the blend of features and functionalities, the price on this could not be better thought out. It is total value for your money for a board that will offer you a sizeable chunk of everything.
- Speed and range – on full charge, the hoverboard is able to go for up to 9 miles or an hour with a top speed of 8mph.
- Weight loading capability – the maximum weight supported is 220 pounds and the product can be used by children from the age of 12 years.
- Terrain handling – with fitted rubber guards, the device is able to go through small puddles of water and can climb a hill of up to 15 degrees gradient. It offers a little more diversity than most options in the market.
- Battery capacity – the smart UL 2271 certified LG battery is fitted with fast charging technology with a range of up to 9 miles once it is fully charged.
- Safety and certification – other than the UL 2272 certification, the hoverboard also has other safety features like the anti-slip foot pads.
- Reliability – with every purchase, you get a one year warranty and the US based customer service will also come in handy in case you run into any challenges.
- Fancy features – for the fancy features you get LED lights and gyro sensors and you also get to choose from several different colors.
UL 2272 Certified – HOVERZON S Electric Self-Balancing Hoverboard
Even though this hoverboard does not jump at you with regards to design, there are quite a number of features that make it worth the consideration.
- Build quality & durability – the body of the device is covered in a multi-layer protection cover which makes it sturdy and strong.
- Portability and size – this is not the lightest of hoverboards in the market and weighs in at almost 25 pounds and is quite sizeable. It is not the most portable and not having a carry case or a strap makes it even more difficult to carry.
- Pricing – the cost of the hoverboard is very affordable and is best suited for those that are in the market for their first hoverboard.
- Speed and range – this hoverboard is capable of a speed of up to 8mph and covers a radius of up to 11 miles before you need to recharge.
- Weight loading capability – the recommended maximum weight that this hoverboard is capable of is 220 pounds.
- Terrain handling – it is not built to cover adverse terrain. While it can handle mild gradients, without water proofing and all-terrain tires, it is relegated to the tarmac roads.
- Battery capacity – the rover is powered by a lithium ion with an 11-mile capacity when fully charged.
- Safety and certification – the hoverboard is UL 2272 certified. It also features gyroscopic motors and two riding modes one that is ideal for learners.
- Reliability – it would be good to see a warranty but, there is no mention of one. However, the customer care does try their best to assist.
- Fancy features – LED highlights, battery indicators and rubber bumpers are among the extra features.
Self-Balancing Scooter 2 Wheels Electric Hoverboard
For riders that are largely concerned with how portable their hoverboard is, this would be a great option for you with all the little added features fitting in perfectly.
- Build quality & durability – the foot space and casing make for a strong casing and the high quality tires ensure that you’re able to enjoy the convenience of the hoverboard longer.
- Portability and size –the beauty of having minimal features is that you have a lighter and more portable hoverboard. The best part is, it also comes with a carry case which makes it even easier to carry.
- Pricing – the price point is great. It is perfect for entry point enthusiasts that are looking for something affordable yet functional.
- Speed and range – the hoverboard has a speed of 8mph and can cover a range of 9-12km depending on the weight of the user.
- Weight loading capability – the maximum weight limit for this hoverboard is 220 pounds.
- Terrain handling – you will be short-changed with regards to terrain. With smaller wheels and no rubber guards, you don’t have much of an option but to stick to the asphalt.
- Battery capacity – a lithium ion battery is responsible for powering the hoverboard. It takes a maximum of three hours to charge and can run for about 9km before needing a recharge.
- Safety and certification – the hoverboard has a UL 2272 certification. Unfortunately, it is not a fortress of features and it is best to be used by expert riders.
- Reliability – even though there is no mention of a warranty, the customer care is relatively helpful.
- Fancy features – in this case, you only get the LED headlights and a carry case as the fancy features.
SWAGTRON T6 Off-Road Hoverboard
If you prefer to ride off-road but don’t want to part with the amount that EPIKGO and Halo Rover require, this is a great alternative. Some great features with a lower price tag.
- Build quality & durability – the T6 can handle up to 420pounds of weight. That is double what most other hovers can handle. The all-terrain hoverboard is IPX4 rated and made from aluminum and an ABS plastic interior for durability and quality.
- Portability and size – unfortunately, portability is the price that you’re going to have to pay to enjoy all the different features. The hoverboard packs in extra weight and is larger than most other options in the market.
- Pricing – considering the features and experience that this hoverboard offers and also comparing the price to other options that have the same approach, the price point is more affordable and lower.
- Speed and range – the scooter has a range of 12 miles and a speed of 12 mph which is governed at 7.5mph for the sake of safety.
- Weight loading capability – If you have been unable to get a hoverboard that can support your weight there is a fair chance that this one will. It has a weight capacity of 450 pounds.
- Terrain handling – gravelly roads, grassy plains and hill gradients of up to 30 degrees are all terrains that this one of a kind hoverboard can conquer.
- Battery capacity – the self-balancing scooter is powered by a lithium ion battery that takes about 3 hours to charge and features a superior SentryShield.
- Safety and certification – there are not a whole lot of safety features that are added into the self-balancing scooter. However, it is UL 2772 certified.
- Reliability – with every purchase you get a 1-year warranty and the customer care is really helpful.
- Fancy features – with regards to fancy extras, you get Bluetooth that allows you to listen to your music as you ride and LED headlights.
Hoverboards are becoming a great way to get around and have fun. With so many options in the market, picking out the right one can be challenging but with the help of these reviews, you’re fully covered to pick something that will work for your needs.